Dry-Aged Tomahawk Steak 35ozRegular price £36.00 Sale price £24.95 Save 31%
Named for its resemblance to the axe of the same name, the tomahawk steak is an on-the-bone rib steak, cut from the fore rib with the rib bone left on. Being cooked on the bone, and with lots of inter-muscular fat, the tomahawk has loads of sweet gelatinous flavour when cooked. It looks amazing on the plate and is a great dinner conversation talking point. And lets face it, its not everyday that you get to eat like Fred Flintstone.
The Tomahawk is usually a fairly large steak so its ideal for two to share, perhaps on a special occasion or romantic meal. But hey, if you want to eat it all for yourself who are we to judge!Not only is this special type of steak a marvel to look at, it is absolutely delicious. A sophisticated, upscale variety - a properly cooked and presented tomahawk is truly a sight to behold, and will have your mouth watering while delighting your taste buds.
- Serves: 2
Weight: approx 35oz
Cooking Tips For Tomahawk Steak
- Before cooking you need to bring your steak up to room temperature. It is a large peice of meat so allow plenty of time – 30 minutes minimum.
- Pre-heat your oven to 220°C/gas mark 7
- Brush your steak with oil all over then season well with plenty of chunky sea salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Bring a heavy frying pan to a high heat or even better a griddle that will give you attractive char stripes. Allow about 3 to 4 minutes on each side. Alternatively fire up your BBQ and do this over hot coals which is a great way to get a good brown crust and impart some smokey flavours.
- Transfer to the oven and cook for about 20 minutes for rare and another 10 for medium rare.
- Times will vary according to the size of your particular steak. Larger and thicker will cook more slowly than a thinner piece so do check while cooking. If you use a meat thermometer 55C will be medium-rare
- When the steak is cooked to your preferred doneness, allow it to rest for a good 10 minutes so that all the tasty juices distribute internally.
The beef is the main event here so serve simply with chips and salad. It will have plenty of juices so no sauce required but a spoonful of one of these on the side might be perfect – mustard, bernaise sauce, salsa verde or herb butter.